Note: This post has been brought over as a legacy post from my previous blog site because it was popular.
Once the seats and gunwales were dry I set about cleaning up the interior. I used thickened epoxy to fill in any gaps, voids or holes. Everything was sanded once the epoxy set.
I also used this opportunity to install a ring on the bow. This will be used for towing the tender so I wanted it to be sturdy. I was also impatient on a Sunday and didn't have access to a real piece of hardware. I used an old shackle and epoxied it in place. Seems to work well.
Once everything was cleaned up reasonably well I finished the interior with a coat of oil based primer and oil based boat paint.
I wanted to finish the interior first so that I wouldn't scrape the bottom paint later on in the process.
Once everything dried I flipped the boat over for exterior finishing.
The Torqeedo Travel 1003 is the perfect motor to push this Pram at hull speed. If you find these posts useful, please support my shop by buying your Torqeedo here.